AVOID MOVING SCAMS – HELPFUL TIPS
Moving can be very stressful. Saying goodbye to friends and neighbors is not easy. Aside from the emotional challenge you have to go through, you have other things to take care of as well. There’s a lot to plan. First, you need to make sure that your utility disruptions are arranged. You also need to make sure everything is packed. After all, it is important that you find a reliable umzugsunternehmen berlin company weeks before you move.
If you thought finding a good moving company was easy, think again. The number of complaints about moving fraud is not to be taken for granted. If you don’t want to deal with this type of problem, you need to take your time to find the right moving company. To find one, do it the old fashioned way and step away from your computer, not that you can’t find decent moving companies online, just that most scam victims have found and transacted their moving company on the internet.
Follow these tips to find a good moving company:
- 1. People you know might be able to recommend a company. You can ask someone who recently moved in your neighborhood. You can ask him about the movers he has hired. You can also ask friends and family, especially those who have moved before. Ask them about their experiences with their moving companies. If they are satisfied, they will certainly recommend the company.
- You can also check the Yellow Pages and call potential movers. Better yet, contact your real estate agent and ask for a recommendation. Surely he knows a few trustworthy moving companies that you can work with. If you have the names of the companies, do not trade with them right away, but check some information first. Check how long they’ve been in business. Also check their services.
- Before considering the company, ask if they have the resources to make the move. Some companies simply outsource this service. If yes, then find another company. You want to work with someone who takes full responsibility for your goods.
- Once you have a short list of potential movers you will work with, invite them to view the home to get an estimate. Plan the visit and take note of their estimates. Then compare the tariffs. If they refuse to visit your home, cross them off your list. During their visit, take note of your observation. Rate your representative. Consider the company with a pleasant staff.
- Finally, gather as much information as possible. Get their full company name and other names they use. Ask for their office address and other contact information. They should also have their license numbers. Once you’ve done this, check with the Secretary of State. The information they provide should match the information in the state registry.
The process of finding moving companies
Planning gives you the opportunity to allocate your time and resources to the necessary tasks. You should be able to have better turnaround times by planning ahead and listing all the things you need to do to have a smooth move. During the planning phase, you can determine if you are able to complete the task yourself or if you need the additional help of moving companies.
After you have outlined the list of tasks to be completed during the moving process, it is of great help to list a variety of moving companies in your area to assess which of them are best suited to handle your move.
Short listing of companies
It is very important to shortlist the movers in your area to avoid the risk of hiring movers who may not be very familiar with the area in question. If you don’t, you could be in trouble if you end up with a very expensive offer from a umzug berlin that may be way too far away. The main benefit of being shortlisted can be seen when you find a company that is locally based and has the logistical infrastructure to make your move seamless.
However, there is a list of factors to look out for during the shortlisting process. The trucks and storage facilities should be among the most important factors. The trucks are an important part of the moving process and no customer who intends to move any distance should ignore this.
Storage options also come in handy when moving cargo gets to the next point. Imagine a scenario where the spaces to be occupied may not be ready when your mover is on site. Countless amounts of damage to cargo could result if the company doesn’t have a storage facility to keep your belongings while you organize some rooms.
Where and how to search for the right companies
Movers can be found in a variety of places including directories, the internet and many other places. It is therefore important to ensure that the company you choose has a good reputation. Hiring the services of a reputable company should also give you peace of mind that your cargo is being handled by professionals who will not only get the job done, but do it professionally.
While finding moving companies online is an easy and convenient way, it is just as important for you as a customer to verify the authenticity of the company in real life. This is mainly because there is an opportunity to make payments to companies that simply exist over the internet and nowhere else. Perhaps the most important question would be how to verify the authenticity of the movers listed online.