Microsoft Outlook Offline Documents (OST) are computer-based replicas of Exchange Server mailbox folders. It can only be accessed with the E-mail account that created it. There may be times when you need to access OST on several workstations in a different location using MS Outlook. And this may be accomplished simply by converting offline Outlook data files (OST) to PST format.
When MS Outlook is linked to Exchange Server, OST records are created. Whereas when Outlook functions independently without Exchange Server, PST documents are created. Furthermore, it is always recommended to save information using OST to PST converter software from the Exchange account in a local file format. As this ensures availability in the event of a failed network connection.
Learn More About the OST File
- In Microsoft Exchange Server disconnected mode, OST records or offline Outlook data files (.ost) are created.
- When network access with an Exchange account is unavailable. OST documents can be utilized to update changes to the Server mailbox.
- If there is any downtime on the server or an unreliable network connection, they are a valuable resource.
- Files in the Offline Store (.OST) format are converted to PST format.
- It is necessary to transfer MS Outlook 2016 OST to PST position in order to provide access to OST document’s mailbox folders. This is also available in previous versions of Outlook, such as MS Outlook 2013, MS Outlook 2010, and older versions.
The First Technique is Archiving.
Microsoft Outlook can archive data by converting offline Outlook data files (OST) to PST format. The process can be broken down into the following steps:
- Open the Microsoft Outlook email program.
- Select ‘Archive’ from the ‘File’ menu.
- Select the file that should be archived.
- Choose a location on your PC for archival storage.
- ‘Finish’ is pressed.
The Second Technique Export/Import Wizard
Exporting OST data to PST records is probably the most flexible technique and is one of the most popular OST to PST converter options. Follow the steps below to complete the export technique.
- MS Outlook 2016/2013/2010 is now available for download.
- Select ‘Import & Export’ from the ‘File’ menu.
- After that, select ‘Export to a File from the ‘Import and Export Wizard’ window.
- Then, from the available storage options, select the ‘Outlook data file’ (PST) format.
- Make sure the ‘Include subfolders’ checkbox is selected.
- Finally, press the Finish button.
- If the Import and Export processes are successful. Outlook will begin converting each section of the OST document to PST unless a current password-protected PST is selected.
- If the export was completed to an existing password-protected record. Enter the right password in the ‘Outlook data file password’ disclosure box and select the “OK” option.
- On the other hand, if you want to give a password to a PST file. Type it in the ‘Create Outlook data file’ box and then click’OK.’ The ‘Outlook data file password’ box will appear; type in the password and click ‘OK.’
- OST mailbox information can now be swapped. Moved to a new location on your PC or external storage disc once it is accessible in a PST document.
The Third Technique Using Converter
It’s possible that following the above tactics resulted in your entire endeavor failing. In that case, you should use the automated method to convert Outlook document data to PST. As it is the most reliable way to finish the OST records converting process in the first place.
Try the OST to PST Converter product to convert Offline Outlook data files (OST) to PST Format.
Over manual procedures are notably recommended to maintain information reliability and ensure the security of all mailboxes. OST to PST Converter is a competent tool that allows you to convert an offline Outlook data file to a PST file.
Not only can the offline Outlook data files (OST) to PST format conversion be completed in a few mouse clicks. But the email messages may also be saved in a variety of formats such as Office 365, EML, HTML, MSG, PDF. Furthermore, if the OST file is damaged or no longer accessible after using the inbox repair tool. You can use this built-in application to export and save information as PST from the problematic OST file.